MASTER: The Role of Money Laundering Officer
This workshop explores the responsibilities of an SMF16 & 17 – exactly what the regulator expects from you, and how you can effectively manage your firm. We will talk over the key processes you need to be aware of, and any pitfalls to avoid!
This session will be delivered in our usual style, interactive with small delegate numbers to ensure that you get the most out of the sessions. Sharing best practices and learning how other firms approach situations is the name of the game for this style of event.
Find out more about our MASTER events below:
Why should I attend?
At the end of the workshop delegates will be able to:
- Fully understand the role of MLRO and the regulatory reporting requirements that come with the role.
- Be able to effectively carry out the prescribed responsibilities of compliance oversight.
- Have guidance on how to build the correct culture within your firm in respect of both compliance and AML.
- Gain the knowledge & skills to establish your own systems & controls (SYSC) that can sufficiently highlight the day to day running of the business and the firm’s current compliance positions.
- Be able to identify what relevant processes, controls, and structures are in place to ensure the firm is operating within the FCA’s handbook rules and how to create them if needed.
Christian Markwick, Head of Adviser Support – Apricity Compliance.
Christian is Apricity’s Head of Adviser Support. Having been an adviser, T&C Manager & SM16/17 for many years, he is very well placed to understand what makes firms tick, what many are trying to achieve and how to assist them in getting there.
Paul Sylvester-Evans, Head of Supervisory Services – Apricity Compliance
With over 20 years of experience working in the financial services sector as both an adviser and a Senior Manager, Paul understands the needs and requirements of our clients and is perfectly placed to support them develop the requisite skills, practices and knowledge to move their businesses forward.
When? 23rd November 2022.
Cost? £145 + VAT for clients of The Verve Group or £195 + VAT for Non-Clients
How do I sign up?
Simply sign up below.