MASTER: Specialist Investments
Our brand new workshop, MASTER: Specialist investments will take you through a range of topics covering those slightly less vanilla investment choices for clients. We have four fantastic speakers lined up to guide you through four hours of CPD. The sessions will cover when those investments are suitable for certain clients, options and some compliance considerations when adding these to a portfolio.
This workshop will be delivered in our usual style, interactive with small delegate numbers to ensure that you get the most out of the sessions.
Find out more about our MASTER events below:
We have pulled together some of the best speakers from the most well-known firms in the industry to provide you with four hours of high-quality content. This event will feature speakers from Foresight, Octopus Investments and Barnett Waddingham
The Financial Consequences of Death and Inheritance Tax – Foresight
There has never been a more relevant time to discuss the financial consequences of death and Inheritance Tax with your clients and what can legitimately be done to help mitigate the impact.
Mike Currie, Head of Sales Foresight and Chris Pun Sin, Practice Head at Marsh will discuss the impact of Covid-19 on the life insurance market and how the Foresight Accelerated Inheritance Tax Solution could help.
Key takeaways include:
- Insight on Covid-19’s impact on the life insurance market
- An introduction to the Foresight Accelerated Inheritance Tax Solution including examples of insurance claims during Covid
- Client scenarios & planning ideas
- Market appetite, sentiment and behaviour
An Introduction to VCTs and EIS, and Client Planning Angles – Octopus Investments
In this session Dave will look at:
- Why VCTs and EIS exist, the difference between the structures, the benefits of investing into them, the types of businesses they back.
- How each can be used with a variety of clients (planning scenarios).
- What to look for when choosing between different providers.
Toxic Investments and Pension Scams – Barnett Waddingham
In his session, James will look at:
- Cryptocurrency – recent regulatory developments, and should these be held as an asset within a SIPP or SSAS?
- Unregulated Investments and Introducers – should unregulated introducers be banned, and FCA expectations on advisers giving advice on the underlying investments within a SIPP, and not just the ‘wrapper’.
- Pension Scams – a review of the ‘Pensions Cold-Calling Ban” and the forthcoming changes to an individual’s ‘Statutory Right to Transfer’.
- Selling land into a SIPP or SSAS – is it a valid investment, or just a quick way of generating cash during the pandemic?
Mike Currie, Partner – Foresight
Mike joined Foresight in 2006 and is a Partner and the Head of Retail Sales in the London office. Mike is responsible for leading the marketing and sales of Foresight’s family of VCTs, EISs, Inheritance Tax Funds and OEICs.
Christophe J. Pun Sin, Practice Head – Structured Finance Practice Marsh JLT Speciality
Chris is responsible for all insurance-related services provided by Marsh JLT to Foresight group. Since 2016 he has led the Marsh JLT team that helped Foresight Group to design AITS (now in its 3rd evolution). He originally joined Mercer HR consulting as an employee benefits consultant in 1997. Chris has extensive experience in insurance advisory services related to private equity infrastructure and M&A transactions.
James Jones-Tinsley, Self-Invested Pensions Technical Specialist – Barnett Waddingham LLP
James Jones-Tinsley is the Self-Invested Pensions Technical Specialist at Barnett Waddingham LLP and assists colleagues in both the SSAS and SIPP Practice Areas on a wide range of technical matters relating to the operation and governance of Barnett Waddingham’s self-invested pension arrangements.
David Harris, Business Development Manager – Octopus Investments
Dave has worked in financial services since the mid 80s and takes pride in developing relationships with advisers that help grow and expand their business. Working with advisers, professional connections and clients, he has established a reputation within the region as a trusted sales business development manager with excellent technical knowledge.
When? 17th November 2021.
How do I sign up?
Simply sign up below.