*Back by popular demand*
Paul Sylvester-Evans, Head of Regulatory Support – Apricity Compliance.
With over 20 years of experience working in the financial services sector as both an adviser and a Senior Manager, Paul understands the needs and requirements of our clients and is perfectly placed to support them develop the requisite skills, practices and knowledge to move their businesses forward.
Amanda Thomas, Business Developer Manager – Zurich
Amanda Thomas is a Zurich Business Development Manager. She has 23 years of industry experience, the last 15 exclusively in the protection sector. She has worked for Zurich since 2017, having previously worked for Legal & General.
Shelley Read, Senior Protection Development and Technical Manager – Royal London
Shelley has worked in financial services for over 25 years. Shelley has an in-depth knowledge of the mortgage and protection market and her strengths have been training and coaching advisers to recommend protection solutions to their clients and delivering this coaching in an easy to understand and simple way.
Death & Taxes – Planning with Protection – Zurich
By the end of this session, delegates will:
- Be aware of whole of life product choices, how different types of policy work and how contracts are priced.
- Understand the basics of funeral and IHT planning, and the current market conditions.
- Be aware of the potential planning solutions and how to demonstrate the value of the solution to the client.
- Understand discretionary trust taxation and how the Rysaffe principle works.
- Know where and how to access Zurich support for advisers operating in the estate planning or protection markets.
Income Protection – Royal London
Join Royal London as they dive into the world of Income Protection. They’ll look at some of the common objections to buying income protection and provide tips and ideas to help overcome these. Followed by an example of the very generous way they treat indexation on all income-based policies. They’ll also take a look at an income protection claims journey and show the impact of linked claims. Even if Income Protection isn’t part of your existing advice business there will be some powerful ideas shared and even areas where you might be able to find opportunities to talk about this protection solution with your own clients.
Compliance Requirements For Protection Advice – Apricity
Paul will explore the compliance requirements for protection advice, looking specifically at:
- The advice process.
- Disclosure necessities.
- How to structure a suitability report.
This interactive session will be full of top tips to implement back in the office.